Founded in 2014, the charter of ISE's Philanthropy Committee is to unite ISE to give back to the community. Each year the committee plans about one event per quarter focused on different charitable organizations within the community.
Our 2019 achievements include:
- Raised approximately $1,200 for United Way of Johnson and Washington Counties.
- Sponsor for RUN CRANDIC, both financially and volunteering at an aid station. Proceeds from the race support the local school districts, and their health and wellness programs.
- Collected 687 lbs of food and toiletries for CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank, including 1,011 rolls of toilet paper.
Dropping off food and toiletries at CommUnity
During the last quarter of this year, we expanded how we can help, and changed our name from the Philanthropy Committee to Philanthropy and Sustainability Committee.
Some of our initial sustainability efforts have been:
- Composting at company meetings
- Collecting grocery bags for the CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank
- Encouraging employees to turn off lights in breakrooms, meeting rooms, and bathrooms when they are leaving those rooms.
We are excited to not only give back to our community, but also to our planet. Our sustainability initiative is just beginning!